ICEHAA provides awards which are presented during the leadership training each year; nominations are due in June each year.
ICEHAA formally solicits once a year to nominate individuals who have demonstrated significant achievements to compete for the annual ICEHAA Awards that recognizes courage, outstanding accomplishments, and significant contributions that have advanced the recruitment, retention, and promotion of Hispanic agents.
Award application forms, eligibility and criteria, and filing instructions are posted to the website annually to coincide with the ICEHAA Leadership Training. Check the website for details and deadlines.
ICEHAA Annual Scholarship Program
ICEHAA scholarships are awarded based on a student academic potential, achievement, and commitment to serving communities in the field of law enforcement. The scholarship is open to all eligible persons. To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a child of a current agent and active ICEHAA member
- Must be a current college student or current high school senior who will receive a diploma prior to the award announcement (before August 2017)
- Must be accepted to an accredited academic institution (proof of acceptance will be required)
- Must be pursuing a degree in any of the Social Sciences, major in Criminal Justice or related disciplines such as social sciences, public administration, computer science, finance, linguistic arts, chemistry, physics, etc., leading to a four-year degree
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall grade point (GPA) average
- Submit a type-written 1 page essay on the topic provided by ICEHAA board by June 24, 2017.
Scholarship application form, eligibility and criteria, and filing instructions are posted to the website annually to coincide with the Leadership Training.